Apple Service Fundamentals is a 3-day course that teaches students the skills they need to handle face-to-face customer interactions involving all Apple devices. Successful completion of the Apple Service Fundamentals Exam 2017, fulfills the prerequisite for Apple Certified Mac Technician (ACMT) 2017 and Apple Certified iOS Technician (ACiT) 2017 certification. Interactive discussions and hands-on exercises guide students through the best way to manage customer interactions, the required safety precautions, and basic troubleshooting skills. Students’ knowledge and skills are tested and reinforced by working through real-world scenarios and role-playing.
Upon completion of the Apple Service Fundamentals course, students will be able to:
- Identify and validate customer engagement skills such as empathy, setting expectations, positioning a refusal of service, and conflict resolution
- Position a repair, upgrade, or attachment so it’s clear that the recommendation helps to solve the customer’s issue
- Identify and validate strategies for setting realistic resolution expectations
- Identify and practice ESD precautions
- Identify the customer statements that generate a Safety First case
- Demonstrate the proper and safe handling of batteries and portable computer case assemblies with a built-in battery, and respond to events that involve these batteries
- Explain why documentation is important to the service workflow. Understand the components of clear, concise, and complete case notes and the negative impact of poor case notes.
- Find and use any Apple product’s serial number to determine its level of coverage
- Describe the importance of accurate troubleshooting to the business and the customer
- Demonstrate basic troubleshooting and deductive reasoning skills, including the use of smart questioning techniques and first-level evaluation and isolation skills
- List the tools and resources that are available to help troubleshoot
- This course is intended for anyone wishing to become certified to repair iOS or macOS devices and is the pre-requisite for those programs.
What will I learn?
- Customer Experience Skills and Managing Customer Expectations
- Documenting Customer Interactions
- ESD Precautions
- Safety First
- Embedded Battery Safety
- Introduction to Service Guide
- Apple ID
- iOS and macOS Fundamentals
- Mail Basics
- Networking and iCloud Fundamentals
- Basic Troubleshooting
- Apple TV and tvOS
- Apple Watch and watchOS
- Apple Pay
- Determining Warranty Coverage
There are no reviews yet.